Please use the following questionnaire to determine whether a student is considered Dependent or Independent. If YES is answered to ANY of the below questions, the student is considered “INDEPENDENT”.
– Was the Student Born Before January 1, 1996?
– At the beginning of the 2019-2020 College School Year, Will the Student be Working on a Master’s or Doctorate Program, Such as an MA, MBA, MD, JD, PhD, EdD, Graduate Certificate, etc?
– Does the student have children who receive more than half of their support from the student?
– Does the student have dependents (other than children or spouse) who live with the student and receive more than half of their support from the student, now and through June 30, 2020?
– After age 13, are both of the student’s parents deceased, or is the student (who was the student until age 18) a Ward / Dependent of the Court; an emancipated minor; or a Homeless unaccompanied youth?
– Is the student currently serving on Active Duty in the U.S. Armed Forces for Purposes Other Than Training?
– Is the Student a Veteran of the US Armed Forces?
If Answered “NO” to all, download the following form:
If Answered “YES” to any, download the following form:
IFB Financial, LLC does not offer tax, legal, or investment advice and the material contained on this website should not be construed as tax, legal, or investment advice. Please consult with your attorney, accountant, or certified financial planner prior to acting on any recommendations provided by IFB Financial, LLC.