College Planning ResourcespAY lESS FOR THE COLLEGE OF YOUR DREAMS
- College Board (212) 713-8000
- College Scholarship Service – CSS (609) 771-7725
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Information Center (319) 337-5665
- FAFSA Express Questions (800) 801-0576
- FastWEB (800) 327-8932
- Federal Student Aid Information Center (Federal Student Aid Hotline) (800) 433-3243
- Financial Aid CSS/PROFILE Application Questions (800) 778-6888
- Kaplan Student Loan Information Program (888) 527-5626
- National and Community Service Program – AmeriCorps (800) 942- 2677
- The Ambitious Student’s Guide to Financial Aid signet.com/collegemoney/tocl.html
- Online book, including many worksheets, graphs, and tables; also offers advice on how to obtain financial aid for college.
- Chinook College Funding Service chinook.com
- Wide variety of information regarding the financial aid process, and financial aid sources. Chinook is a nationally noted, award winning search service, with an excellent reputation in the field of college preparation and funding.
- Chronicle of Higher Education chronicle.merit.edu
- Good reference source to keep with the ongoing changes in the financial aid process.
- College Board Online collegeboard.org
- Information regarding colleges, their admission requirements, entrance exams, and similar related topics.
- CollegeEdge CollegeEdge.com
- Scholarship search service with a database of over 3,000 institutions and over 3,500 different scholarship sponsors. Also allow you to investigate many different colleges and universities, finding information that ranges from the cost of attendance to facts and statistics regarding each particular institution.
- CollegeNet collegenet.com
- Extensive college database that enables the student to conduct an online search of institutions across the country. Also offers links to the various colleges and universities.
- College Xpress collegexpress.com/index.html
- Information on colleges and universities including admission requirements, and financial aid information.
- CollegeSelect cyber-u.com
- Registration information for 4-year colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Department of Education, Office of Post-Secondary Education ed.gov/offices/OPE/Students
- Financial aid information.
- Ecola Directories College Locator ecola.com/college
- Contains more than 2,500 links to colleges and universities in the U.S., including their libraries and alumni pages.
- ExPan Scholarship Search collegeboard.org/fundfinder/bin/fundfind01.p
- Online database for locating scholarship sponsors and funds. Provides scholarships that may be available based on the information that was entered. Contains thousands of potential scholarships.
- FAFSA Express ed.gov/offices/OPE/express.html
- Electronically submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Provides a signature sheet, which must be singed and forwarded to the Processing Center before FAFSA can be processed.
- FastAid fastaid.com/scholarships/steps.htm
- Extensive scholarship database, which may be used to locate additional financial aid sources.
- fastWEB fastweb.com
- Very large database of scholarships, fellowships, grants, and loans. This “free” scholarship search service will return the list of scholarships for which the student may be eligible. The student also has the option of setting up a personalized mailbox in order to receive additional award sponsors.
- The Financial Aid Information Page finaid.com
- Variety of information regarding financial aid, ranging from financial aid calculators to laws and lenders. Also offers listings of specialized scholarships.
- KapLoan kaploan.com
- Well-organized information source regarding educational student loans. Can calculate Expected Family Contribution (EFC).
- MOLIS Scholarship Search fie.com/molis/scholar.htm
- Designed specifically to help minority groups locate and obtain scholarship money for college. It bases its scholarship search service on race, gender, age, and location.
- NACAC – National Association of College Admissions Counselors nacac.com
- Provides useful information on behind-the-scenes look into the financial aid issues and new developments in the field.
- Peterson’s Education Center petersons.com/resources/finance.html
- Extensive financial aid information and is considered one of the top sites on the web regarding financial aid.
- The Princeton Review review.com/College/Find/index.html
- Extensive tutorial on the many types of student loans and how to obtain them.
- Sallie Mae slma.com/xalternate.html
- Extensive look at student loans, including information on the lenders and their repayment terms.
- Scholarship Resource Network TM., Daigle and Vierra, Inc. rams.com/srn
- “Free” scholarship search service
- Student Services studentservices.com/search
- Extensive, searchable database of more than 180,000 financial aid sources mainly in the private sector. Requires on-site registration.
- The Student Guide ed.gov/prog_info/SFA/StudentGuide/1999-2000
- Yearly service provided by the U.S. Department of Education and provides information on deadlines, grants, and loans.
- United States Department of Education ed.gov/offices/OPE/Students/index.htm
- Information on all types of financial aid for college.
- S. News.Edu www.usnews.com/usnews/edu
- Latest information regarding colleges and universities and how they rank among all of the other institutions in the country. Provides additional insight when making choices regarding the college selection process.
Let's Dream Together
601 16th St Ste C328, Golden Colorado, 80401-1979
+1 (833) U-DREAM-2
+1 (833) 837-3262
IFB Financial, LLC does not offer tax, legal, or investment advice and the material contained on this website should not be construed as tax, legal, or investment advice. Please consult with your attorney, accountant, or certified financial planner prior to acting on any recommendations provided by IFB Financial, LLC.